pan-users

[Pan-users] [gentooers] New pan/ssl problem from gnutls upgrade

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] [gentooers] New pan/ssl problem from gnutls upgrade
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 15:22:39 -0700

The 'testing/unstable' version of gentoo upgraded gnutls today
(finally!) but then I discovered pan could not open a successful
encrypted session with any of my news servers :(

By painful trial-and-error I found that the update to gnutls
from 2.12.20 today didn't break pan, it broke glib-networking
instead, which is now linked against the new gnutls-3.1.3

I haven't tested enough yet to know if any other tls-using apps
are also broken, but breaking pan is more than I can tolerate so
I'm downgrading gnutls right now :)

Anyway, gentoo is currently using glib-networking-2.32.3 and
I'm wondering if that version is too old to work with gnutls-3.x

Heinrich, are you using glib-networking?  If yes, what version?

Duncan, have you done the update yet?

Thanks.