pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] [gentooers] New pan/ssl problem from gnutls upgrade

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] [gentooers] New pan/ssl problem from gnutls upgrade
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 22:23:33 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 02 Nov 2012 08:05:13 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> $ sudo netstat -4p | grep pan netstat: no support for `AF INET (sctp)'
> on this system.
> tcp   0  0 ws:55339    ger.gmane.org:nntps   ESTABLISHED 4515/pan
>
> So it's definitely a secure/nntps connection! =:^)

Wow, I'm very happy you posted that :)  When I do the same (gnutls-3)
I see the same even though pan says "No connections".

Then roughly every 15 seconds the status bar says "Connecting" and then
after a few seconds it changes back to "No connections" BUT netstat shows
yet another working nntps connection to the server :/   After a few
minutes I see ten or twelve live connections to the same news server,
and more coming every minute.

So, the puzzle is why pan doesn't realize that it *did* connect, many
times over, and just go on with fetching headers like it should?

I suspect the reason will be hidden somewhere in socket-impl-openssl.cc
but I know little about sockets yet.  Guess I'll go read some man pages.