pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Fetching headers for the "sent" and "drafts" folders?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Fetching headers for the "sent" and "drafts" folders?
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 05:24:09 +0000 (UTC)

walt posted on Wed, 02 Jan 2013 16:34:33 -0800 as excerpted:

> I'm running pan.git 9e301, which I think is Heinrich's latest.
>
> For some reason I just noticed today that "drafts" and "sent" shows up
> in the groups pane under "Local Folders".  That makes perfect sense, but
> when I click on either of those folders pan offers to fetch headers for
> me, which is a bit puzzling.  Is this the expected behavior?
>
> (As an aside to Duncan I'll mention that the segfaults I was seeing a
> few days ago have stopped, most likely because the moon is no longer
> full :)

Same git commit here.  It was current as of a few hours ago, at least,
but I've been running it for a few days now.

When there's no messages in a "group", pan offers to fetch headers for
the group as soon as you enter it.

So assuming you sent that message via pan (I didn't look), you should now
have a message in the sent messages "group", and it will no longer popup
that warning.

The drafts "group" still offers to fetch headers here, but I've not saved
any drafts since the new code and I'm not sure how that interacts with
the old drafts handling, yet.  Presumably, as soon as I save a draft, it
won't popup that offer any more either.

That said, both of the local "groups" should really be special-cased to
disable that feature, just as pan doesn't show the fetch headers menu
items or buttons when in those "groups".  I guess Heinrich simply
overlooked the empty-"group" popup when he did the special-casing.