pan-users

[Pan-users] 0.136 change in selected message behaviour

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] 0.136 change in selected message behaviour
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 21:18:06 +0000 (UTC)

I noticed something that changed between 0.135 and 0.136 that I think I'd
like to see changed back.

Sometimes when I'm reading a group, I skim past a message that I later
(after changing groups) realize I want to read again, and I go back to
the group and unthread to find it (I usually will remember the poster, or
can look to see what was recently read by seeing what's cached).  I then
select the message and re-thread the group so I can get the context.

In 0.135, the message stayed selected and I could navigate within the
thread or just reply.  The thread was expanded and easy to locate in the
header pane.

In 0.136, the message no longer stays selected, so I lose where it is in
the thread and have to scroll through to try to find it again, but the
thread isn't expanded, so I have to remember more about the thread and
navigate with the mouse to find it again.

IMHO, the behaviour in 0.135 is correct - it's certainly more convenient.

Thanks,

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson