pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Latest compressed headers fix

From: Chris Gentle
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Latest compressed headers fix
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 21:28:32 -0600

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 6:53 PM, walt <address@hidden> wrote:
Here's my chance to put in a plug for my favorite network utility:
good old ngrep.  You can do amazing stuff with ngrep if you want, but
I normally just use it as an instant cli packet sniffer by typing
'ngrep' (as root) and then watch the packets whiz by on my terminal.

I took a peek with ngrep and also with wireshark but it's still not obvious whether compression is actually being used.  My connection to supernews is SSL enabled so all I see is nntps traffic.  That's why some visual feedback would be helpful.  I believe that it IS using compression but I can't prove it.

--
Chris