pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Making Pan behave like OE/Windows Mail

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Making Pan behave like OE/Windows Mail
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:51:56 -0800

On 01/28/2013 04:02 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
If you're not asked for a stable sort, you can't exactly be criticised
for not providing a stable sort. Much.

To be fair, neither of us was aware of the "problem" until after the work was done. I knew how to write a shell sort and that it was loads faster than a bubble (especially one written in the least efficient manner) but I wasn't aware that it wouldn't come out with the customer numbers in the same order or that this was even an issue. I would have thought that (remember, this was back in '84) going from 60 minutes to sort 300 names to 3 would be good enough, but I guess she wanted egg in her beer as well.