pan-users

[Pan-users] not for me, sorry to say [ Re: Mutex problem is fixed :) ]

From: SciFi
Subject: [Pan-users] not for me, sorry to say [ Re: Mutex problem is fixed :) ]
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 20:37:09 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I am talking about my build of 5eef4f in particular.

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 10:11:57 -0800, walt wrote:

> Just built git-5eef4f and it all works now. :)

If you are talking about
line 39 of
pan/general/locking.h

Maybe for _you_ it's fixed
but not for _me_ .   ;-(

I posted a longish description of this situation
just a couple days ago
right here on pan-user
via gmane.

I know HM has said his work on mutexes is experimental
and that's why I decided to
try joining-in the discussion of it
publicly via the lists/gmane.

For now, tho, I've had to, once again,
re-insert the 'static' token
on that line
because at 5eef4f I'm still getting the
very same compile-time error there
(as I detailed in my write-up).
Again the only other choice for me is to
add the '*' to that line
(as I detailed in my write-up).
(But again-again I don't know enough C++ nor glib/gtk
 to know if adding '*' might be more dangerous.)

(I am trying to formulate a bugreport on 5eef4f,
 I'm quite sure my list-posts and my e-mails
 are both seemingly being lost/misplaced/whatever now
 as this precise situation seems to be a prime proof of it
 [e.g. no one responding to my write-up yet].
 Plus I've done more tests on 5eef4f
 and have a couple OSX 'sample's done
 while 5eef4f seems to go into a virtual loop
 with certain option[s] invoked
 most-certainly due to the new code in 5eef4f.)

BTW I haven't seen the issue viewing pictures,
FWIW most of my X11 libs are produced by
the XQuartz project
so all that code are suppose to be quite recent.

[ I won't GPG-sign this post in case it is the
  reason for my write-up supposedly being ignored ]

[ I'll stop mincing words here now ]

;-)