pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Any hope to get a fix for uutomake 1.13.x support ?

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Any hope to get a fix for uutomake 1.13.x support ?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:05:23 +0100

On Wed 13 Feb 2013 at 17:07:20 +0100, fredbezies wrote:
> Well, running autogen.sh still give me this :
>
> address@hidden pan2]$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --with-gnutls
> --with-gtk3 --with-webkit
> /usr/bin/gnome-autogen.sh
> checking for autoconf >= 2.53...
>   testing autoconf2.50... not found.
>   testing autoconf... found 2.69
> checking for automake >= 1.9...
>   testing automake-1.12... not found.
>   testing automake-1.11... not found.
>   testing automake-1.10... not found.
>   testing automake-1.9... not found.
> ***Error***: You must have automake >= 1.9 installed
>   to build Pan.  Download the appropriate package for
>   from your distribution or get the source tarball at
>     http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/automake/automake-1.9.tar.gz
>
> Sorry to be unlucky here, but besides installing automake 1.12 besides
> 1.13.1, I see no solutions :(

The gnome-autogen.sh which is called from autogen.sh comes from the
gnome-common module and is rather stupid. It is written in such a way
that it needs to be updated if there is a new automake. It checks for
each specific version individually, down from 1.12 as you can see.

Strange enough it manages to be more flexible for other autotools.

I ran into that problem in some other context, and it was very annoying.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'