pan-users

[Pan-users] new post counts not adding up

From: memilanuk
Subject: [Pan-users] new post counts not adding up
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 19:00:23 +0000 (UTC)

Hello there,

I'm trying to reconcile a small problem here... my typical style of
reading newsgroups (or mailing lists via gmane) is to set the display for
'threads with unread posts' (in Thunderbird) - which as I understand it
includes any *sub* threads as well.  Since Pan doesn't seem to have quite
the same option, I have it currently set for 'Match unread articles' and
'Show matching articles threads'.  I haven't been able to figure out if
there is a way to have Pan show unread articles in both matching threads
*and* sub-threads as of yet.

Most of the time this seems to work... but in groups/lists with lower
traffic I started noticing that the number of new articles shown in
parentheses next to the group name doesn't always match the sum of the
number of unread posts shown in parentheses next to each collapsed
thread.  Since I have no scoring rules in effect at this point, I don't
think that there are new posts not being shown because of that.

How can I get Pan to show new posts in both threads and sub-threads at
the same time, without having to go and manually toggle the settings back
and forth?

TIA,

Monte