pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] new post counts not adding up

From: memilanuk
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] new post counts not adding up
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 23:11:08 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks for the *very* thorough explanation of how/why Pan sees the new
post counts as it does.

In my case... it seems as though if I go through a group/list (no
binaries here, as mentioned, mainly just using the mail2news gateway @
gmane.org) and view/read all the visible threads/posts, sometimes the
group pane will still show some number of unread posts.  Generally it
appears that if I go to the menu options for View -> Header Pane and
toggle 'Show matching articles sub-threads' instead of my usual 'Show
matching articles threads', it'll suddenly display the 'missing' posts.

I guess thats my primary frustration here - how do I get Pan to show the
unread posts, in the context of the thread they belong to, regardless of
whether they are in a thread or a sub-thread.  Having to toggle it one
way and back the other seems pretty... unusual, which is why I was
wondering if there was some setting/config that I'm missing out on.

TIA,

Monte