pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.139: No message bodies appearing when clicking on

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.139: No message bodies appearing when clicking on header line
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 16:37:36 +0000 (UTC)

Maurice posted on Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:06:05 +0000 as excerpted:

> Using Pan 0.139 on Mageia-3
>
> Given that I have many headers shown in the Header List for recent
> weeks, I can't get the corresponding bodies to appear for most headers
> earlier than June 5th.
>   The server setting is set to 'Keep for 3 months'.
>
> Is there any way of getting Pan to fetch the body of an item in teh
> Header List?

That /sounds/ like it might actually be the server that's lacking the
post (obviously pan's setting is for its cache, it doesn't control
retention policy at the actual server at the other end of the
connection).  Are you on a server that has sufficient retention, and/or
do you know it had such retention based on your old-pan usage, before you
upgraded?

If it's not the server, try the manual "read article" function, available
in the context menu on right-clicking an article in the header pane, or
from the articles menu.  If that doesn't do it, does the event log show
anything interesting?