pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] How to tell Pan to *stop* constantly asking to install f

From: Rock
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] How to tell Pan to *stop* constantly asking to install fonts?
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 19:20:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:27:59 +0200, Rhialto wrote:

> if that happens, you would see a newline followed by a tab.

I'm a bit confused by the answers, so allow me to reiterate what
I understood:

a) If a subject line is longer than 80 characters, tabs may be inserted.
b) My original subject line was 62 characters:
   "How to tell Pan to *stop* constantly asking to install fonts?"
c) Adding the "Re: ", the reply subject lines would be 66 characters.
d) However, for whatever reason, the latest subject lines contain tabs:
   "Re: How to tell Pan to *stop*[tab]constantly[tab]asking[tab]to[tab]
install[tab]fonts?"
e) Running "wc -m" on that line, I find it's *still* 66 characters.
f) But, the first six spaces remained as spaces, while the latter six
   spaces were (somehow) converted to tabs at some point in the flow.

Why? How? Who?