pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] How to tell Pan to *stop* constantly asking to install f

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] How to tell Pan to *stop* constantly asking to install fonts?
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 22:48:27 +0200

On Tue 23 Jul 2013 at 20:30:03 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
> I hadn't noticed this, but looking at the thread, the tabs seem to be
> being introduced in each message, not always in the same places, either.
>
> The first post's subject line shows a tab between "install" and "fonts".
>
> The second (my reply) has tabs between "to", "install", and "fonts".
>
> Your reply to me has a tab between "to" and "install" (and no others that
> I can see).

That is indeed weird. It isn't the mechanism I'm talking about then, or
at least not a properly working implementation of it.

And I should have been clearer about that: the newline+tab combination
is visible in the "raw" (physical) message, but once a User Agent shows
it to you, the lines should be combined again to a single logical header
line with a space instead of the newline+tab.

> Weird.  I've edited the subject in this reply to ensure each space is a
> space and not a tab, so we'll see what it does.

I see no tabs in this one. Looking at previous ones as far as I still
have them, I see (in order) (if I make the tabs explicit with »·······)