pan-users

[Pan-users] I goofed, royally

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] I goofed, royally
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 16:09:29 +0000 (UTC)

        On http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/filters_ex1.html
there is a suggestion which I thought I understood, and tried to follow;
meaning to eliminate posts from googlegroups, I got into my News folder,
and added a subfolder containing

[*]
Score:: =-9999

        What happened was to score *all* posts to -9999. I went back in
haste, deleted the subfolder, and restarted Pan.

        Alas, the mismarked posts are still as before.

        What am I doing wrong? Do I need to log out and back in? Reboot?
Or what??
Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.