pan-users

[Pan-users] Port 119 blocked - no newsgroup access!

From: Maurice
Subject: [Pan-users] Port 119 blocked - no newsgroup access!
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 12:51:17 +0000 (UTC)

Last week I was in a French (Aix-en-Provence) hotel whose WiFi access
was blocking Port 119, so could not use Pan to access newsgroups.

Is there an alternative port I could have used, or any other workaround?

(Hoping for an early solution I tried to post problem last week on Pan
mailing-list, but was told:

"You are not allowed to post to this mailing list, and your message has
been automatically rejected.  If you think that your messages are
being rejected in error, contact the mailing list owner at
address@hidden"
  Tried emailing list owner but no reply!)

--
/\/\aurice
        (Retired in Surrey, UK)     Registered Linux User #487649