pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] [bug report] Pan crashes when closed during online work

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] [bug report] Pan crashes when closed during online work
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 15:07:38 +0000 (UTC)

Mateusz Viste posted on Tue, 26 Sep 2017 08:42:53 +0000 as excerpted:

> This is a bug report. I'm sorry if this is not the right channel for
> such things - in such case let me know what I should do instead.

The definitive place to report bugs is at the gnome bugzilla.  If you use
pan's feedback or bug functionality (under help) it should pre-fill some
fields for you so you don't have to do it manually.  (That's assuming you
already have a bugzie login there and are logged in via cookie.  If you
have to register, it may require you to fill in the fields manually or
simply start over once you have the cookie set.)

That way the bug doesn't get lost.

However, I encourage people to post about the bugs here as well, because
it gets it out to a wider audience and often others can provide more
information, about lib versions that duplicate or fix the problem, etc.
And if you're lucky, there's a few people that can code here, and you
might get a patch right away. =:^)

Then you can cross-link the thread with the bug, posting the bug URL
here, and mentioning (and if you want to bother going to the trouble of
looking it up in the archive, posting the URL for it, was a lot easier
when gmane had the web archive as well, now you have to use one of the
other archives and look up the link manually if you're going to provide a
full link on the bug) the list thread on the bug.