pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan is pinning my cpus

From: thufir
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan is pinning my cpus
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 16:25:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 07 Oct 2017 02:52:30 -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:

> I've been using pan for well over 15 years and suddenly it has been
> pinning the cpu.  This is from the Arch package.
>
> There is a lot of strangness going on with this program of late.

I just did a clean install and have to say that Pan seems to the only app
misbehaving:

address@hidden:~$
address@hidden:~$ pan -v
Pan 0.142
address@hidden:~$
address@hidden:~$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=17.10
DISTRIB_CODENAME=artful
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 17.10"
address@hidden:~$

It freezes to the point where I can't even get to top or nmon to see
what's happening.  So, can't definitively say that it's pan, but sure
seems like it.  :(

Sorry, but I concur with the OP.  (I might be running different versions;
could be confirmation bias.)

-Thufir