pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] New pan (again)

From: Zan Lynx
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] New pan (again)
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 12:33:55 -0600

On 7/8/2018 7:46 AM, Dieter Britz wrote:
A second question: is it possible to import a list of ng's from another
PC? I have pan working on the old laptop and have accumulated a longish
list, which I would like to copy into this version of pan - just as I can
import bookmarks into a new Firefox installation.

I have not configured Pan from scratch in ten years or more. And I vaguely recall that I managed to port my newsrc from "trn" at that point, so probably 15 years before that.

You should find where Pan's configuration files are on your OS. If it is a Unix/Linux it should be somewhere in $HOME/.pan2 [1]

I'm not sure where it is in Windows, but the officially correct location for it would be %APPDATA%\Pan or possibly something like %APPDATA%\CompanyName\Pan

You would just copy the directory and its contents to the same location on your new computer.

[1]: http://pan.rebelbase.com/manual/html/pan-groups.html