pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] New pan (again)

From: mick
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] New pan (again)
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 20:53:05 +0100

Edit Menu
Edit News Servers
(In pop up window)
Add or Edit

For eternal september settings:

news.eternal-september.org
port 119
(user name)
(password)

Group list should now be displayed.

mick

-----Original Message-----
From: Pan-users [mailto:address@hidden On
Behalf Of Dieter Britz
Sent: 08 July 2018 14:47
To: pan users group
Subject: [Pan-users] New pan (again)

Once again I have a new laptop and have installed pan. The first
time I opened it I got a window asking me to register. I did that,
hopefully correctly (eternal-september.ord, my name and password)
and then I got the pan window, of course with no ng's yet. But it
seems I can't get any ng's either. When I type into the top window, for
example. alt.usage.english, which I know is an ng, nothing happens.

I might have done something wrong in the registration; so how can I go
back to that? I expected to find something under File, but don't.

A second question: is it possible to import a list of ng's from another
PC? I have pan working on the old laptop and have accumulated a longish
list, which I would like to copy into this version of pan - just as I can
import bookmarks into a new Firefox installation.
--
Hilsen / Regards
Dieter