pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] [ANNOUNCE] Pan release 0.150

From: glen walpert
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] [ANNOUNCE] Pan release 0.150
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 20:18:43 -0500

On 2/28/22 3:05 AM, Dominique Dumont wrote:
On Sunday, 27 February 2022 19:33:42 CET glen walpert wrote:
Pan 0.150 compiled fine and works properly with NNTP but not
SSL
Please check the list of dependencies listed below line 34  in

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/pan/-/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml
You'll find the required package to enable all compilation options.

All the best
I have all dependencies met except for libenchant-2-dev, which apt-get
cannot find for Ubuntu 18 and which appears to be language translation related.
SSL, which worked with Pan 0.144 and 0.146, still does not work.

The earlier versions had a 'Security' menu option on the edit server settings menu,
where 'Use Secure SSL Connections' was an option - missing in 0.150.
Perhaps intended to be automatic now when SSL port is selected?

Stranger yet, when I went to look at Pan server settings while Eudora was also open,
I got Eudora menu options from the Pan Menu bar!

Still a big improvement - entirely usable.

Glen