pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] [ANNOUNCE] Pan release 0.150

From: Dominique Dumont
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] [ANNOUNCE] Pan release 0.150
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 19:02:34 +0100

On Wednesday, 2 March 2022 11:31:00 CET Duncan wrote:
> > SSL, which worked with Pan 0.144 and 0.146, still does not work.
> >
> > The earlier versions had a 'Security' menu option on the edit server
> > settings menu,
> > where 'Use Secure SSL Connections' was an option - missing in 0.150.
> > Perhaps intended to be automatic now when SSL port is selected?
>
> That means the ssl deps weren't found (gnutls-dev?) so pan was configured
> without them.

That's possible. Please check the output of autogen.sh command. It should
mention missing libraries.

> Working here (gentoo, building from git), but still crashy.  In particular
> I've found pan crashes quite reliably if I hover the mouse over the body
> pane, so apparently some pointer event triggering it.  I've not debugged
> beyond that.  If I steer clear of the body pane (literally, maneuver the
> mouse around it so as to avoid triggering that crash), pan's reasonably
> stable.

Weird, I've no such crash on Debian unstable.

What autogen flags are you using ?

> And some of my replies still aren't showing up, tho that's using gmane so
> could be a problem with its forwarding to the mailing lists or with the
> mailing list processing, as opposed to a problem with pan.  It's also
> possible it could be a bug in the particular gmime version (3.2.7) gentoo
> currently has available.

You can check what's sent to gmane using --debug option. The trick is to check
whether the message is valid or not.

HTH