parallel

Re: Error with Galaxy FreeBayes

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: Error with Galaxy FreeBayes
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 00:48:19 +0100

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 10:03 PM Julianne Marguerite Radford
<jradfor8@uwo.ca> wrote:

> My Galaxy username is jradfor8, and I have been getting a bug error when
> running the tool FreeBayes:
>
> parallel: This should not happen. You have found a bug.
> Please contact <parallel@gnu.org> and include:
> * The version number: 20170422
> * The bugid: fdr: Cannot open
> /jetstream/scratch0/main/jobs/34123833/_job_tmp/parCRZkN.par
> * The command line being run
> * The files being read (put the files on a webserver if they are big)
>
> If you get the error on smaller/fewer files, please include those instead.

Dear Julianne
Dear Ntana
Dear Alex

You all seem to run into the same issue - which is great, because it
means it is not a single fluke event, and there is a chance that the
bug can be fixed.

If you want help, you will need to make it possible for others to do
exactly the same as you are doing.

It is described here:
https://www.gnu.org/software/parallel/man.html#REPORTING-BUGS

The most important part that you have left out is a minimal, complete,
and verifiable example.

All your reports include a dir called /jetstream. This leads me to
suspect the error is dependent on your environment or distribution. So
you should follow instructions in the link below and include the part
about the environment.

Without this I find it very unlikely that the bug you have found will be fixed.

/Ole