Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Comparison between phpgw and Plone

From: Burgess Patterson
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Comparison between phpgw and Plone
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:05:43 +0200

Chris Hirsch wrote:
Hey all..I'm not trying to start any sort of a war here but I was curious if anybody could give me some insight as to how phpGW compares with Plone for a Content Managment System. I know phpGW has sitemgr so will that be as easy to use as Plone?

I want a site where my users can have a shared calendar, be able to update news and stories, LDAP compatible, photo gallery, mailman integration etc.

I've used phpGW for a while but haven't really gotten into sitemgr. I've started to look at Plone and it seems to be missing some of the things phpGW has like a lot of the LDAP and maybe some of the shared calendar.

If you can offer any insight to this or CMS' in general I'd appriecate it!

Thanks,
Chris

for content mgmt you could look at geeklog or other similar such as phpnuke?

--
For your security, no Microsoft products were used in the creation or sending of this email.

 (o_
 //\
 V_/_

http://thecodeworkshop.co.za