Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Comparison between phpgw and Plone

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Comparison between phpgw and Plone
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:22:56 +0100

Hi Chris,

Chris Hirsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hey all..I'm not trying to start any sort of a war here but I was
> curious if anybody could give me some insight as to how phpGW
> compares
> with Plone for a Content Managment System. I know phpGW has sitemgr
> so
> will that be as easy to use as Plone?

Oh, I love fighting ;)

> I want a site where my users can have a shared calendar, be able to
> update news and stories, LDAP compatible, photo gallery, mailman
> integration etc.
>
> I've used phpGW for a while but haven't really gotten into sitemgr.
> I've
> started to look at Plone and it seems to be missing some of the
> things
> phpGW has like a lot of the LDAP and maybe some of the shared
> calendar.
> If you can offer any insight to this or CMS' in general I'd
> appriecate it!

I have not really played with the competition's software for around 3
years.  I do keep an eye what other projects are doing, but get lazy
when it comes to installing stuff.

I have several sites running 16 sitemgr in production, it is pretty
nice, once you get your head around it.  AFAIK there is no way to
include mailman support, but it does support news_admin which does RDF.

Cheers

Dave