Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Comparison between phpgw and Plone

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Comparison between phpgw and Plone
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:12:50 +0000

Chris Hirsch (address@hidden) wrote:
> A CMS is more for posting about events and news and decentralizing the
> web site administor so that it can be just about anybody depending on
> permissions.
>
> Some of the functionality is shared between the two right?

to an extent, yes.  sitemgr is implemented as a regular phpgw app, so teh ACL
system fully availble to it.  phpGW doesn't so much give users admin access
levels to iteself, but does allow apps under it to have access levels of all
sorts, and sitemgr does.

> >For an example, the phpgroupware.org site is sitemgr, but I think it's got
> >some custom stuff in it so it's not an out of the box setup.
> >
> I've always wondered that....is the code avail for how they have the
> site setup? It does look nice...

Once upon a time the website was in CVS, but I don't think it is anymore.
Would be difficult due to it being a stock .16-cvs with some patches that cvs
is able to merge with.  I think the patched should be made availble, after
review of course :)