Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Adding users

From: Charles Martin
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Adding users
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:30:03 -0500

I'll just jump in here to add that, indeed, bug hunting phpgw is a bit of a pain right now. I had this issue when finding php5 bugs, the white screens being a bit sparse about details :-P

Maybe there's some nice php debugger out there that I don't know of tho, it would make more sense than putting echo/exits around in the code until you find what throws that blank page.

Maybe the "@"s should be removed some day as suggested and replaced with some nice error reporting settings that could hide the notices etc.

Have fun ;-)

Charles Martin  Programmeur analyste
819.378.4242    *acolyte*communication.com
address@hidden

Guillaume Courtois wrote:

Everything would be much easier if there was a way to see the PHP
errors, but as phpgw suppresses them all with the @ in front of function
calls, instead of having a possibility to turn error reporting on or
off, it is almost impossible to debug. If I was told, where to look, I
could remove the @ in that file, and see, where it happens. Or did I
miss something, and it is in fact possible to debug phpgw?

I don't know how you can debug. That's a good question. Someone knows ?