Re: [Phpgroupware-users] mssql error

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] mssql error
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 01:40:43 +1000

Hi Joshua,

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 11:34 -0400, Joshua M. Hughes wrote:
> I am trying to get PHPGroupWare to use Microsoft SQL Server.
> PHPGroupWare is installed on a MAC G4. The site works fine when we use
> MySql however when I try to use MSSql I receive this error.
>
> Database error: Link-ID == false, mssql_pconnect failed
> MS-SQL Error: 1 (General Error (The MS-SQL interface did not return a
> detailed error message).)
>
> Session halted.
>
> I have tried entering both the IP Address and Host name for the sql
> server.
>
> Suggestions or Ideas on how to get PHPGroupWare working with MSSQL
> will be greatly appreciated?

Have you checked that the SQL Server box is configured to allow
connections from the phpGW box?

I don't have mssql setup here to test on, but for starters I would
suggest that you switch to using non persistent database connections.
Go to http://domain.com/phpgroupware/setup and login to header admin and
change it in there and save your header again.

Cheers

Dave

--
Dave Hall (aka skwashd)