[phpGroupWare-users] Re: Microsoft SQL Server

From: Max Rate
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: Microsoft SQL Server
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:44:53 -0700 (MST)

I made the mistake of assuming the windows version had support already for ms
sql.  I noticed that there were notes if you were installing it in linux to use
freedts and then recompile phpGroupWare.  Perhaps my troubles are beyond the
scope of this forum.  I didn't think php files were compiled files, I thought
they were interpreted.

Are you saying that I have to recompile phpGroupWare in Windows to include the
MS SQL support?  Yes, I have verified the DLLs are where they should be.
php_mssql.dll / ntwdblib.dll

The document you refered me to says freedts and re-compiling is for Unix/Linux
platforms - there is no mention of this for Windows platforms.

Assuming my PHP configuration was proper, I should see "You appear to have MS
SQL support enabled" ?  (other than) "No Microsoft SQL Server support found.
Disabling"

Thanks again :? Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @
http://forums.phpGroupWare.org