playogg-discuss

Re: [playogg-discuss] Hardware that supports Ogg Vorbis

From: Matt Ivie
Subject: Re: [playogg-discuss] Hardware that supports Ogg Vorbis
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:22:18 -0600

There are many freedom issues with the Samsung devices as well. I know that replicant will run on some of them but even then, you can't run the bluetooth without non-free firmware. Is there an avenue to cooperate with hardware manufacturers to get ogg support into their products? Is there a real good reason they don't do it in the first place? How hard would it be, on a technical level, for them to incorporate it into their stuff?