psychosynth-user

Re: [psynth-user] installing this app

From: Juan Pedro Bolívar Puente
Subject: Re: [psynth-user] installing this app
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 01:15:19 +0100

On 07/01/12 21:29, andu novac wrote:
> I've tried A LOT of variants to install Psychosynth with no luck. I
> run Debian Wheezy  and Ubuntu 11.10 and just reinstalled Squeeze,
> there are problems with all. All info on your site is useless in my
> case, please provide a distro+recipe+whatever_is_needed so that one
> can install and run this app.

Can you please provide further details of what problems did you
encounter?  We cannot provide any help otherwise.

> I don't really understand why you chose to make this app in 3d (aside
> from complicating life) when the three-dimnsionality of it is, for all
> practical purposes, useless. There is a 2D variant for iOS and Android
> (sold by Reactable) and Psychosynth could've been the more advanced
> version for desktop but hell, aside from a couple of youtube demos I
> found more complains then kudos while searching the net for a
> installation recipe.

The goal of Psychosynth is not to provide a clone of the Reactable but
to ease the development highly interactive modular synthesizers
providing a good programming framework.  The 3D interface is there for
the sake of example and fun.  I agree that 3D is of little value, a more
practical 2D interface might be developed in the future if I find time
and will.  Remember that this is an experimental project developed for
free, if you can improve the program, just send us the changes or
provide constructive criticism on how it could be made better.

JP