pupa-devel

Re: Ext2fs patch

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: Ext2fs patch
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:15:46 +0100

On Monday 27 October 2003 21:08, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> Usually people add something like this too:
>
>       * conf/i386-pc.mk: Regenerated.

In our project, it is unnecessary. PUPA regenerates such a file automatically
when the original file is modified, so, if you state that you modified the
original file, it is enough: we assume that the generated file was
regenerated as usual, unless you explicitly mention something unusual. This
is the same as GRUB.

Honestly, I don't understand why it is useful to mention generated files in
ChangeLog. (I can understand, if such files are generated *manually*,
though.) The purpose of ChangeLog is to record changes to make it easier to
find out when and where a certain problem (or a bug) was born. Generated
files cannot be the real source of any problem in nature, so it is useless to
state regenerations IMHO.

Okuji