pupa-devel

Re: PUPA disk questions

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: PUPA disk questions
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:29:53 +0100

On Monday 27 October 2003 22:48, Marco Gerards wrote:
> What bothers me the most about PUPA currently is the missing tab
> completion.  GRUB just completes the command first and the pathname
> afterwards.  How do you think about making this context sensitive?

I'm not sure. The way in which GRUB completes arguments was the same as that
in BASH. Now BASH has programmable completions, but I really don't know if
the feature is useful for GRUB as well. Can you explain more on what is your
problem with GRUB's way?

> I want to write some routines to parse arguments.  This can be (like)
> argp, I just have to see how hard it is to implement.  It should be
> possible somehow to define a function for every argument that is used
> for completion.

I think argp is too complex for PUPA. It is very flexible and powerful, but I
don't think it is easy to use.

How about popt?

Okuji