pupa-devel

Re: PUPA disk questions

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: PUPA disk questions
Date: 27 Oct 2003 22:48:15 +0100

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

> * Make all commands consistent. They should look like GNU commands. For
> example, all commands should support long options, and short options
> optionally.

Next week I will start working on this, depending how you think about
my ideas.  I haven't worked it completely out but I'll try to explain
the idea.

What bothers me the most about PUPA currently is the missing tab
completion.  GRUB just completes the command first and the pathname
afterwards.  How do you think about making this context sensitive?

I want to write some routines to parse arguments.  This can be (like)
argp, I just have to see how hard it is to implement.  It should be
possible somehow to define a function for every argument that is used
for completion.

Many people will like such feature, I guess.  What do you think about
it?  If you think it is a real waste of time or if you have any
ideas, please tell me. :)

Thanks,
Marco