qemu-devel

Re: Peculiar reply from mail list handler???

From: John Snow
Subject: Re: Peculiar reply from mail list handler???
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2019 13:12:02 -0400

On 10/5/19 7:55 AM, Lucien Murray-Pitts wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> The last message I sent came back with a weird reply from
> *address@hidden*, claiming the list didnt support "HTML" formatted
> mail (which is the default) for gmail, and then saying it couldnt be
> delivered.
>
> Thats a confusing mail as it would imply failure in delivery.    Was I
> supposed to get this mail?
>
> Cheers,
> Luc

I'm not clear on the particulars of mail delivery protocols or what
lists.sr.ht is, but we indeed do not like HTML mail sent to this list.

I didn't think such mails would be outright rejected, but you should
make an effort to send plaintext emails to this list. (Especially if you
are sending patches, where it is an absolute requirement.)

If you think this is a pain in the butt, you're right! Which is why
almost no regular QEMU contributor uses it.

--js