qemu-devel

Re: Peculiar reply from mail list handler???

From: Lucien Murray-Pitts
Subject: Re: Peculiar reply from mail list handler???
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 03:09:26 +0900

Hi John,

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 2:12 AM John Snow <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 10/5/19 7:55 AM, Lucien Murray-Pitts wrote:
> > The last message I sent came back with a weird reply from
[snip]

> I'm not clear on the particulars of mail delivery protocols or what
> lists.sr.ht is, but we indeed do not like HTML mail sent to this list.

The lists.sr.ht server replied to my dev mail submission with the
following sort of message
"We received your email, but were unable to deliver it because it
contains HTML..."

I was writing a quick mail rfc on capstone, and forgot to uncheck
the HTML option in gmail.  The mail was delivered to the list
anyway even given the "undelivered" message.

Was simply highlighting some potential issue in the mail server you
use.

For patch submission I have a script, so it wont come as html.
Just when I am not on that machine I will use webmail to check/send
quick replies.

The mail submission system is a pain, but I want these fixes in
so am willing to take the bitter with the sweet.

Cheers,
Luc