qemu-devel

Re: Should we apply for GitLab's open source program?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: Should we apply for GitLab's open source program?
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 16:39:47 +0200

On 21/09/20 16:03, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> It is still unclear how we'll cope with contributors doing
> CI in their own forks, but GitLab continue to offer positive
> feedback that they want to make projects in our situation
> succesful and thus want to find some kind of solution to the
> CI quota problem with the forking workflow.

The forking workflow is basically their value proposition, so my
impression is that they actually have three tiers:

1) small DIY projects that can live with the 400 minutes

2) growing projects that they want to keep an eye on and to enthuse with
their more proprietary offering (the open source program)

3) established projects that give them brand recognition, for which they
are okay with infinite minutes (within reasonable bounds).

Hopefully QEMU falls under the third.

Paolo