qemu-devel

Should we apply for GitLab's open source program?

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Should we apply for GitLab's open source program?
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 16:35:34 +0100

Hi,

Given our growing reliance on GitLab and the recent announcement about
free tier minutes:

  https://about.gitlab.com/pricing/faq-consumption-cicd/

is it time we officially apply for GitLab's Open Source Program:

  https://about.gitlab.com/solutions/open-source/program/

?

>From what I can see the QEMU project will easily qualify - the only
minor inconvenience is needing to reapply every year. So far it seems as
a public project their are no usage limits anyway. We are currently
listed as 0 of 50,000 minutes:

  https://gitlab.com/groups/qemu-project/-/usage_quotas#pipelines-quota-tab

So we are in no pressing hurry to do this for the minutes but I suspect
there may be other things that are made easier by having access to all
the toys GitLab provides. Daniel has already posted to the forum
requesting details about how this might affect our workflow so maybe we
should just wait for feedback until pressing on?

  https://forum.gitlab.com/t/ci-cd-minutes-for-free-tier/40241/33

--
Alex Bennée