qemu-devel

Re: Moving QEMU downloads to GitLab Releases?

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: Moving QEMU downloads to GitLab Releases?
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 08:00:57 -0700

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 12:20 AM Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 03:57:49PM +0000, Eldon Stegall wrote:
> Hello!
> I'd be happy to help with this. I'm mostly a consumer of QEMU, but
> greatly appreciate all the work this community has done, and was able
> to contribute a little by helping with QEMU advent this past year. I
> would be happy to help streamline some of this activities if that would
> be welcome, and would gratefully contribute time and resources. Hosting
> and serving data like this has been core to my recent experience.
>
> I would be happy to suggest and build out a distribution strategy for
> these packages, and believe I could cut some costs, and even convince a
> small consultancy I am a part of here that uses QEMU to foot a
> reasonable bill.
>
> A brief introduction, since I haven't had the pleasure of attending
> FOSDEM or any other QEMU meetups: I am a startup-oriented Cloud Security
> Architect, based out of Atlanta, previously with companies like
> DataStax, but now working on AWS video pipelines for a startup here.

Thanks for joining the discussion and for running last year's QEMU
Advent Calendar, Eldon.

Any ideas for moving download.qemu.org to a hosted service would be
appreciated! We haven't compared CDN and cloud providers closely yet. If
you have experience in this area or time to check them out, then that
would be valuable.

QEMU has funds if there is a cost for file hosting (probably less than
$100/month). Some providers may be willing to support an open source
project for free. Possible providers include CloudFlare, Akamai, Fastly,
Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage, etc.

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/opensource/aws-promotional-credits-open-source-projects/

Let me know if ya'll apply and I'm happy to push it through.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori