qemu-discuss

Re: Specifying ALSA subdevice

From: Olli Helin
Subject: Re: Specifying ALSA subdevice
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 02:42:13 +0300

On Sun, 17 Jul 2022 22:01:17 +0200
Volker RĂ¼melin <vr_qemu@t-online.de> wrote:

> Use a double ,, to pass a single , to alsa-lib. In your case this is
>
> -audiodev alsa,id=snd0,out.dev=hw:Loopback,,0,,4,in.dev=hw:Loopback,,1,,5
>
> With best regards,
> Volker

Thank you! That solved the syntax problem. The final audio parameters I'm using
are:

-device intel-hda -device hda-duplex,audiodev=snd0 -audiodev
alsa,id=snd0,out.dev=hw:Loopback,,0,,4,in.dev=hw:Loopback,,1,,5

For some reason the sounds do not still work, though. But at least the virtual
machine starts and kind of thinks it has a working sound card (until actually
trying to use it). This is now some other problem I guess.

-Olli