repo-criteria-discuss

Re: (re-)evaluation of notabug.org

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: (re-)evaluation of notabug.org
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 00:47:59 -0400

  > ???? - A+1 - No logging
  >        impossible to know - impossible to prevent - irresponsible to
  >        promise - this criteria is misleading, at best - even if this
  >        were absolutely certain WRT the forge admins, still the host's
  >        ISP, and the physical host machine (to which the forge admins
  >        may likely have no access), probably logs everything - a 'PASS'
  >        here is only giving false sense of privacy to the naive - i
  >        would remove this criteria entirely

That is a valid point.  The forge's commitment
not to log is not a guarentee of privacy.

But that does not mean it is worthless entirely.

Perhaps we should add that there is no way to be certain this is true
or that nobody else is logging connections.  That way it won't give a false
impression.

WDPT?

--
Dr Richard Stallman