reproduce-devel

[task #16374] Using LICENSE instead of COPYING

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #16374] Using LICENSE instead of COPYING
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 12:32:26 -0400 (EDT)

Update of task #16374 (project reproduce):

        Percent Complete:                      0% => 100%
             Assigned to:                    None => makhlaghi

Follow-up Comment #1:

I just received a reply from Alfred M. Szmidt (not yet updated on the mailing
list webpage)

Best practices are different between projects, in the GNU project we
consider it best practice to call it COPYING, this has been the
standard name for the license file for several decades, it would only
be confusing to add another name.

So for GNU, this is primarily a historical reason, which is understandable!

We hope to submit Maneage as a GNU package in the future, so it makes sense to
keep the 'COPYING' name, and I am closing this task (although we can continue
the discussion if there is any note you would like to make).

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?16374>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/