Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Problems with email and debbugs?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Problems with email and debbugs?
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 21:52:34 +0200

> Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 12:34:29 -0700
> From: Bob Proulx <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Looks like email delivery stopped at fencepost.  And debbugs takes a
> > very long time to return results of a query.
> >
> > Another DDoS attack on GNU servers?
>
> I shouldn't be responding to this as I don't know first hand
> information but I didn't see other responses so will contribute what I
> know.

Thanks.

Maybe I should describe what I actually saw.  So here goes:

  . The debbugs page opened quickly, but then asking to display a
    specific bug report too several tens of seconds, maybe more than a
    minute.

  . My mailbox on fencepost remained empty for several hours,
    something that just doesn't happen.

  . An email I sent to debbugs (via fencepost) didn't show in the bug
    report to which I was responding several hours after I sent it.

  . The emacs-devel archive didn't show email messages I sent for
    several hours.