silpa-discuss

[silpa-discuss] GSoC Silpa module porting:flask webfonts extension

From: Nithin Saji
Subject: [silpa-discuss] GSoC Silpa module porting:flask webfonts extension
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 21:28:42 +0530

Hello,
I had a discussion with my mentors about converting silpas webfonts module into a flask extension.I am currently working on it and these are the proposed features.

1, serving font files
2. generate font-face css for embedding the webfonts (like google webfonts)
3. An interface for displaying fonts of multiple languages.

a prototype with 1,2 has been made https://github.com/diadara/flask-webfonts

I have made an interface for the extension but it requires the user to type in the text to display the preview.This is not very user friendly and it would be better if there was some placeholder text for multiple languages.

In what way should I go about this ?
 text files for different languages or something like a lorem ipsum generator module for indic languages with an api  similar to this http://generator.lorem-ipsum.info/

--
Regards,