silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] GSOC progress

From: Nithin Saji
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] GSOC progress
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 15:12:12 +0530

I  am realy sorry for the current situation, I was really busy with college work during most of the day to be online in irc and  I had a problem with silpa-discuss as my confirmation mail was sent to spam and I was not receiving replies to my mail. This is resolved now.

I had planned to change the version numbers after adding  unit tests once all modules were ported

Webfonts flask extension is taking longer than expected partly because
of my college work and also since I had to rewrite some parts of it
multiple times.

Present status:

* Api completed and usable with user supplied fonts
* Changed the interface from jinja2 to a http api front end
* Configurable urls and folders.

TODO:

* documentation and testing
* clean up the api
* more features to the interface

I have been working on this   repository https://github.com/diadara/flask-webfonts/commits/dev after the midterm and had some issues since I started programming without a  complete design and I had to rewrite things in between and  this causesd the problems.

I have limited time during week days as I have to attend collage from 8 to 5.I can find  enough time for the project (about 40 hours) mainly in weekends  but  communication is  becoming an issue for me as I can't be online on irc most of the day due to  my school work. Can we have a weekly meeting for evaluating and discussions  at some fixed time ? I know opensource organisations are volunteer basis and do not follow a rigid structure and communications are supposed to be dynamic. This is the first time for me working without a fixed plan without a short deadline and I am struggling because of  that.

flask webfonts repo: https://github.com/diadara/flask-webfonts

I was worried about code quality for the extension and  had to rewrite this a couple of times as I didn't  like the design as I felt that it was  upto me to come up with the structure and design for the extension.

Once again I am  sorry for  putting you guys in this situation.I wiil find time to rectify my inefficiency.

Nithin