silpa-discuss

[silpa-discuss] GSOC progress

From: Jishnu
Subject: [silpa-discuss] GSOC progress
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 22:09:27 +0530

Hi Nithin,
I would like to get updates from you on last week's progress. After midterm, we haven't seen any commits from you to the project repositories. Please keep in mind that you are agreed to work 40 hours per week for the organization and you have an upcoming final evaluation.

Some issues I am concerned are,
1. Some modules (Katapayadi Number System, render) are not uploaded. (uploaded yesterday)
2. You are not changing version number after porting. Setup.py is copy paste most of the time.
3. Stemmer and some other modules requires normalizer as dependency. But you add normalizer function to common module and used this everywhere.
Vasudev and me asked you to revert this from common module, but you haven't responded yet.
4. 0 commits to the project after midterm.
5. You are not initiating any discussion about the modules/features/issues you are working on. Which caused duplication of some works.
Vasudev might be able to add more.

I would like to see more active participation from you.