skribilo-users

Re: section and subsection titles both exported as h3 by the HTML engine

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: section and subsection titles both exported as h3 by the HTML engine
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 14:10:12 +0100

Hi!

Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net> skribis:

> Also, skribilo renders the document title in this strange way using a
> table.

> cellpadding="0">
> <tbody>
> </tbody>
>
> Not only is this very convoluted, it means that the document title is
> much smaller than the section titles which are in h2. I think the table
> goes back to a bygone era before CSS. I think we should simply use a h1
> and allow the user to customize the CSS as they please. Something like:
>
> <h1 class="skribilo-title">TITLE GOES HERE</h1>
>
> WDYT?

I agreed, we should finally separate form from content and rely on CSS.

The downside is that it’ll “break someone’s workflow” as xkcd puts it,
but that’s the way forward.

It’d be great to provide a default CSS stylesheet — nothing fancy, just
enough so that documents are readable and not too unpleasant by default.

Thanks,
Ludo’.