sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Segfault in v1.0.4

From: Daniel Johnson
Subject: [Sks-devel] Segfault in v1.0.4
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 19:27:39 -0600

I'm having intermittent trouble on a system with little
available physical RAM.  Thinking the problem was due to the
lack of memory, I've put these lines in my sksconf file:
  cache: 1
  ptree_cache: 1
  diskptree:

On another system (save versions, same setup) those options cut
memory usage and the processes still seem to run OK.  On this
one it still won't always work.  In fact, it rarely works.
These crashes (earlier) seemed to corrupt the database and
aggravate the problem.  Perhaps I'll start over later tonight.

The output of "free -m" shows 313mb total and ~32 free and 125mb
swap with 105 free.

The database should only have one key in it (mine).  This same
setup works perfectly on my other system, with less total RAM
(and almost none free).  Am I missing something obvious here?

The debug option has not provided any extra log or console
output.  Is there another command/option I can use that might
help here?

"Thor" (problem system)
Slackware Linux v8.0
AMD K6-300
320mb RAM, 128mb swap
~780mb free on partition (yes, I know...)

"Discovery" (works great)
Slackware Linux v9.0
AMD K7 1.2Ghz
128mb RAM, 256mb swap
17gb free on partition

BTW, what kind of disk space would I need for a full keyring?
3gb?

- --
Through the modem, off the server, over the T1, past the
frame-relay,
< < NOTHIN' BUT NET > >

Daniel Johnson
address@hidden