sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Segfault in v1.0.4

From: Daniel Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Segfault in v1.0.4
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 15:38:45 -0600

On 2 Nov 2003 at 6:49, Yaron M. Minsky wrote:
> Is there anything in log.db or log.recon after you run this?

Thor's output (with level 10 debug) was the same as Discovery's
(with no debug), except that it just stopped abruptly (after
attempting to open the database, as I recall).

> Anyway, it does sound quite plausible that the problem could
be bitrot
> somewhere in the libraries that SKS depends on.  I certainly
don't see
> what else could be causing these problems.  Maybe a recompile
would
> help.

Looks like it did.  I re-ran db-4.1.25, ocaml-3.07, and
sks-1.0.4 from scratch and it actually works now (at least for a
few restarts).  Go figure...

> By the way, what were the contents of sksconf for this run?
And was
> there anything in the log files?  The lines you sent me do not
look like
> complete logs, since SKS among other things writes its version
number in
> the log before anything else.

Most recently, sksconf has been this:
debuglevel: 10
logfile: log
cache: 2
ptree_cache: 2
diskptree:
I should point out that at first, the only line in there was
"logfile: log" and I still had problems.

OK, I *hate* to say this, but it still had one glitch: The two
systems wouldn't reconcile with each other.  I got this in
Thor's log.recon:

2003-11-02 14:41:15 <reconciliation handler> error in callback.:
Failure("Remote configuration rejected: filters do not
match.\n\tlocal filters: [ yminsky.dedup ]\n\tremote filters: [
yminsky.dedup yminsky.merge ]")
2003-11-02 14:41:38 <recon as client> error in callback.:
Failure("Remote configuration rejected: filters do not
match.\n\tlocal filters: [ yminsky.dedup ]\n\tremote filters: [
yminsky.dedup yminsky.merge ]")

I finally dumped Discovery's (puny) database, copied it to Thor
and ran sks_build.sh on it.  That cleared it up.  *shrug*

Mailsyncing appears to work perfectly.  Reconciling now appears
to work also.

Thanks!!

- --
Through the modem, off the server, over the T1, past the
frame-relay,
< < NOTHIN' BUT NET > >

Daniel Johnson
address@hidden