sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Re: Broken reconciliation

From: Yaron M. Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Re: Broken reconciliation
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 09:18:16 -0400

On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 01:14, Daniel Johnson wrote:
> FWIW, I favor #1.  If this key format violates the specs, we should
> not allow it on the network, let alone tolerate existing cases.
> There's no telling what problems may arise later if we let "odd" keys
> stay.

Well, there is, generally speaking, a consensus in favor of lenient
interpretation of the specs for keyservers (and for parsing keys, as
opposed to generating them).  So I don't mind making the spec more
lenient, as long as it doesn't break anything and still allows key
merging.

That being said, it seems like the simplest move in this case is to just
delete the bad keys, since I think the flaw that caused this in the
first place was in some older version of SKS.

Yaron

--
|--------/            Yaron M. Minsky              \--------|
|--------\ http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/yminsky/ /--------|

Open PGP --- KeyID B1FFD916
Fingerprint: 5BF6 83E1 0CE3 1043 95D8 F8D5 9F12 B3A9 B1FF D916