sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS and HKP-Interface

From: Thomas Sjögren
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS and HKP-Interface
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:31:05 +0200

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 12:27:00PM +0200, Olaf Gellert wrote:
> 1. We had a request by someone trying to submit a key.
>    He used PGP 8.0.3 Enterprise Edition on Mac OS X 10.3.
>    While submitting the key 0xC1fa82f2 (with a new
>    signature on it), our SKS (pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de) responded
>    with:
>
>    Operation Failed
[...]

Submitting, updating and fetching a key work with PGP 8.0.3 on Windows
XP, I tried it on keys.se.linux.org (SKS 1.0.7) and pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de
with various options.
Did submitting the key 0xC1fa82f2 (Konrad Rieck?) work before the
signature was added?

> 2. While fetching keys using PGP 8 (currently I do not know
>    the exact version number) on a windows box we sometimes
>    got a message "Unknown result" (and no key was returned).
>    Anyone else seen this?

Did you get "An error has occurred: unknown response from server"?
This occurres when the wrong port has been entered in the server
information.
The PGP keyserver information should be set to "PGP Keyserver HTTP"
and port 11371

/Thomas
--
== address@hidden | address@hidden
== Encrypted e-mails preferred | GPG KeyID: 114AA85C